|OMSI - the Bus Simulator |
|Release||February 18, 2011|
OMSI - The Bus Simulator is a bus driving simulation for Windows that was released in February 2011 as Digital Distribution and in March 2011 on DVD-ROM by Aerosoft. It was developed between 2007 and 2011 by Marcel Kuhnt and Rüdiger Hülsmann under the company name MR Software. The simulation takes place in 1989;-OMSI- it simulates the then-current state of BVG route 92 in Berlin-Spandau. For this purpose, the track was rebuilt faithfully resembling the original and integrated into the game.
The player is the driver of a bus of Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe. It is double-decker bus of the series MAN SD 200 and MAN SD 202 as well as low floor buses of the type MAN NL 202 and MAN NG 272 with the original logos of the manufacturer. Here, vehicles of different years were replicated with different vehicle advertising. Can be driven on the line 92/137 and the section 92E between Falkensee / Freudstraße and Heerstraße city boundary / Hahneberg, BVG routes 5 / 5E / 5N / 130 / N30 between Spandau Psychiatric Hospital and U-Bahn station Ruhleben and part of BVG route 13N / N33 between Heerstraße Stadtgrenze / Hahneberg and U-Bahnhof Rathaus Spandau. In addition to driving itself, the ticket sale and passenger comfort is also simulated. In addition, the player can ride in buses of AI traffic.
With the Map Editor included in the game scope, it is possible to create your own maps and lines for OMSI. Also own bus models can be integrated into the game. Interaction among objects is based on a stack machine scripting language resembling assembler.
The following official add-ons have been released for OMSI - The Bus Simulator and have been subsequently made compatible with OMSI 2:
- Vienna - The high-floor bus LU 200 (released June 11, 2013, developer ViewApp, Publisher Aerosoft): The expansion includes the route of the Vienna bus line 24A in 2005 from the subway station Kagran by the Kagran center and Breitenlee to Neueßling in the district of Donaustadt . The vehicle is a Gräf / Steyr LU 200 M11 available. The extension was created in cooperation with Wiener Linien and is officially licensed by them.
- Citybus O 305 (published June 24, 2013, developer Rolf Westphalen, publisher Aerosoft): The expansion includes four different models of the standard city bus Mercedes-Benz O 305 . In addition to automatic and switch cars, various interior and exterior designs are available. Furthermore, the extension includes a fictional map with the name Neuendorf .
- Hamburg Day & Night (published on July 17, 2013, developer Darius Bode and Barbara Bode, publisher Aerosoft): The expansion includes the Hamburg city bus line 109 from Alsterdorf underground station to Hamburg ZOB and the night bus line 688 from Altona station to Rathausmarkt with a total of three mobile 12-meter city buses of the 1990s in various variants of the public transport. In September 2016, an update for the card entitled Innovation Line 109 was published .
The following official extensions have been released for OMSI 2:
- Three generations (published June 26, 2014, developer Darius Bode, publisher Aerosoft): The expansion includes three different articulated buses that represent different generations of Hamburger articulated vehicles between 1992 and 2012. Are displayed vehicles of the type Mercedes-Benz O 405 GN and Citaro G.
- Chicago Downtown (released June 17, 2015, developer Darius Bode, publisher Aerosoft): The expansion includes two original bus types (solo and articulated) equipped with a hybrid and diesel engine. The extension leads on 32 kilometers of road through the realistic replica city of Chicago , with the lines 124 and 130 are passable.
- Berlin X10 (published on September 24, 2015, developer Maerkertram, publisher Halycon): In the simulation, streets along the main axis of the Berlin express bus line X10 from the underground and suburban railway station Zoologischer Garten were moved through Berlin-Zehlendorf to Teltow in Brandenburg . On a length of about 60 km, the bus lines X10, 115, 625 and 626 are completely simulated, a further 14 lines partially. The expansion also includes a double decker version of the MAN Lion's City based on the real life model of the BVG .
- Wien 1 - Linie 24A and Wien 2 - Linie 23A (published on November 12, 2015, developer ViewApp, Publisher Aerosoft): The two extensions appeared as successors to the existing Vienna extension for OMSI 1. In Vienna 1 the line 24A is simulated with the corresponding bus Gräf / Steyr LU 200 M11 and the low-floor successor NL 205 M11. Vienna 2 includes the no longer existing line 23A and the associated vehicles Gräf / Steyr GU 240 M18 and NG 235 M18.
- Project Gladbeck (published on December 10, 2015, developer Kevin Nitschmann and Darius Bode, publisher Aerosoft): The map of Kevin Nitschmann, which appears in its seventh version for the first time as a paid extension includes, originally started in Gladbeck , now large parts of the northern Ruhr area . The simulated route network has a length of about 500 kilometers. In addition to the map, the extension contains a Mercedes-Benz Citaro 2 (G) modeled after the Vestische Straßenbahnen .
- Citybus O 405 (released on March 8, 2016, developer Pedro Vendeira, publisher Aerosoft): The expansion includes both the solo-bus Mercedes-Benz O 405 and the 18-meter-long articulated version O 405 G. A special feature of this extension is the simple change of individual components by manual.
- Citybus O 305 G (published on March 8, 2016, developer Rolf Westphalen, publisher Aerosoft): This expansion contains the city bus Mercedes-Benz O 305 G in four different variations (city bus front and overland front with automatic and manual doors).
- Tram NF6D (published July 28, 2016, developer Philipp Zunk and Kevin Nitschmann, publisher Aerosoft): The focus of the expansion is the tram NF6D type (MGT6D), which was originally developed in 1988 for the city of Kassel and typical for the Ruhr area Meter gauge train drives. Included is a real map of the Gelsenkirchen tram line 107.
- MAN city bus family (published in September 2016, developer Christian Rolle, publisher Aerosoft): This expansion contains four different bus models from MAN Lion's City series . In addition to the 12-meter variants as city bus (A21) and as intercity bus (A20), a 15-meter version (A26) and the 18-meter articulated bus (A23) are included. Noteworthy are the 45 different setting options for the individual design of the vehicles (eg: Doors, displays, seats).
- Aachen (published October 13, 2016 developers Tobias Müller, Publisher Aerosoft): This extension includes the bus lines 33 and 73 of the Aachener Verkehrsgesellschaft ASEAG . In addition to large parts of Aachen, the Dutch border town of Vaals was rebuilt . Also included are three bus models of the facelift series of the Mercedes-Benz Citaro .
- Rheinhausen (published in October 2016, developer Zane, Publisher Halycon): The extension contains a typical German city bus network in the fictitious city Rheinhausen with the connection of surrounding villages by overland lines . Included is a bus based on the Citaro 2 Ü .
- Double articulated bus AGG 300 (released on December 1, 2016, developer Darius Bode, publisher Aerosoft): Low-floor buses by Van Hool.
- Mallorca (published on December 15, 2016, developer Kevin Nitschmann and Darius Bode, publisher Aerosoft): The expansion contains numerous lines around Palma de Mallorca and a hinged to the Mercedes-Benz Citaro joint and solo bus.
- HafenCity - Hamburg modern (published on October 19, 2017, developer Darius Bode, publisher Aerosoft): The expansion includes the lines 6 and 111 of the HVV and the hybrid buses 7900 L and 7900 LH (based on original Volvo 7900 ). Owners of the add-on Hamburg Day and night have the opportunity to drive the lines 109 and 688 known from this add-on also on this map.
- Metropolis Ruhr The expansion contains the Solaris Urbino IV. The Gladbeck-based extension leads over more than 800 km of road length through numerous cities in the Ruhr, including Gladbeck, Bottrop and Essen. (published in November 2017, developer Kevin Nitschmann, Christian Rolle, publisher Aerosoft)
- Bremen Nord (published on November 2, 2017, developer Dennis Kurzawe and Christian Rolle, publisher Halycon): The expansion contains eight BSAG bus lines and a MAN Lion's City in the articulated and solo version.
- Lucerne - Line 24 (published on December 6, 2017, developer and publisher Mailsoft) 13 The included map maps the line 24 from Lucerne station to Meggen Tschädigen. Included as a bus is a four-door Mercedes-Benz Citaro facelift G of the public transport Lucerne .
- Hamburg bus package (published on March 15, 2018, developer Darius Bode and Publisher Aerosoft GmbH) The addon contains 3 Citaro buses from the year 2017. Buses: solo and articulated bus variant with 12 or 18 meters in length and large-capacity articulated bus with 21 meters in length and 4 axles.