|The Only Fools and Horses |
|Written by||Anna Moore |
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Production company(s)||GE Fabbri|
|Original release||Sep 2005 - Oct 2006 |
The Only Fools and Horses DVD Collection was a fortnightly partwork magazine published by GE Fabbri, authorised by BBC Video. Each serialised issue included a DVD containing between 1 and 4 chronological episodes of Only Fools and Horses, and an accompanying magazine. Each issue was £7.99, apart from issue 1 which was £3.99. In total 29 regular issues were released, as well as a 'bonus disc' which featured the documentary 'The Story of Only Fools and Horses'.
Each DVD came with a magazine, focused primarily on the episodes in the accompanying DVD. Some features recurred across all/most of the issues:
- Episode Guides: These provided a description of the episodes included on the DVD and a section entitled straight from the horse's mouth where series writer John Sullivan explained the roots of the episode. Each guide would have a Del's lingo, where one of the character's foreign phrases was translated to his intended meaning; and a Rodders rant which saw a description of the episodes' events from the perspective of the youngest Trotter brother.
- Peckham Profiles: This featured a spotlight on a different character from the show each issue. This included a section called straight from the horse's mouth, where John Sullivan talked about the creation of the character and how the actor who played him/her was chosen. The final section of this feature was called The Secret World of..., which listed several facts about the character in bullet points. A lot of the characters featured in two 'Peckham Profiles' over the course of the collection, with content split between their earlier and later years.
- Classic Clips: A description of one of the most memorable scenes, with episode stills and a commentary from John Sullivan.
- Hooky Street: A description of items that Del bought, owned, sold or talked about throughout the course of the show.
- Behind the Scenes: A insight into things or people associated with the production of Only Fools and Horses, explaining how they became involved in the programme.
- The World According to: These articles would feature a discussion of a theme or topic that occurred in the series, from the perspective of one of the characters.
When all the DVD spines were lined up they formed a picture of the regular characters. From left to right:
- Mickey Pearce
- Uncle Albert
- Rodney Trotter
- Derek Trotter
- Mike Fisher
- Denzil Tulser
- Damien Trotter
- Raquel Turner
- Cassandra Trotter
- "Big Brother", "Go West Young Man" and "Cash and Curry"
- "The Second Time Around", "A Slow Bus To Chingford" and "The Russians Are Coming"
- "Christmas Crackers", "The Long Legs of the Law", "Ashes to Ashes" and "A Losing Streak"
- "No Greater Love", "The Yellow Peril" and "It Never Rains..."
- "A Touch of Glass", "Diamonds Are for Heather" and "Homesick"
- "Healthy Competition", "Friday the 14th" and "Yesterday Never Comes"
- "May The Force Be With You", "Wanted", "Who's a Pretty Boy?" and "Thicker than Water"
- "Happy Returns", "Strained Relations" and "Hole in One"
- "It's Only Rock and Roll", "Sleeping Dogs Lie", "Watching the Girls Go By" and "As One Door Closes"
- "To Hull and Back"
- "From Prussia With Love", "The Miracle of Peckham", "The Longest Night"
- "Tea for Three", "Video Nasty" and "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire"
- "A Royal Flush" and "The Frog's Legacy"
- "Yuppy Love" and "Danger UXD"
- "Chain Gang" and "The Unlucky Winner Is..."
- "Sickness and Wealth" and "Little Problems"
- "The Jolly Boys' Outing"
- "Rodney Come Home"
- "The Sky's the Limit" and "The Chance of a Lunchtime"
- "Stage Fright" and "The Class of '62"
- "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Uncle" and "Three Men, a Woman and a Baby"
- "Miami Twice"
- "Mother Nature's Son"
- "Fatal Extraction"
- "Heroes and Villains", "Modern Men" and "Time On Our Hands"
- "If They Could See Us Now"
- "Strangers on the Shore"
- "Sleepless in Peckham"
Bonus disc: "The Story of Only Fools and Horses" (documentary)