|Directed by||Jean-Loup Felicioli |
|Produced by||Jacques-Rémy Girerd|
|Written by||Alain Gagnol|
|Starring||Édouard Baer |
|Music by||Serge Besset|
|Edited by||Herve Guichard|
|Produced by||Folimage |
France 3 Cinema
|Distributed by||Diaphana Films|
|Release date||September 12, 2015 (TIFF) |
October 14, 2015 (France)
|Running time||84 minutes|
Phantom Boy is a 2015 animated fantasy film directed by Jean-Loup Felicioli and Alain Gagnol and written by Alain Gagnol. The film stars Édouard Baer, Jean-Pierre Marielle, Audrey Tautou, Jackie Berroyer, Alex Gagnol and Noa Bernaoui-Savreux. The film was released in France on October 14, 2015, by Diaphana Films.
Leo is a young boy, aged 11, who lives in New York City. Life is no fun for him, as he was hospitalized because of an illness. Fortunately, the illness has unexpectedly given him an extraordinary power: the power to split to hover and fly in the air in intangible form, invisible and impalpable, while his physical body remains mostly asleep. In this form, he can go anywhere and even through walls.
Meanwhile, Alex, a policeman, is hospitalized in the same hospital after breaking a leg in an accident. That was not helpful at all, because he was on the track of a bandit nicknamed "the man with the broken face", who had caused the accident and plans to take control of the city with the help of a computer virus in the next 24 hours. Leo and Alex will then join forces to save the city, all in less than a day.
- Édouard Baer as Le policier/Lt. Alex (voiced in English by Jared Padalecki)
- Jean-Pierre Marielle as L'homme au visage cassé/The Face (voiced in English by Vincent D'Onofrio)
- Audrey Tautou as Mary (voiced in English by Melissa Disney)
- Jackie Berroyer as La Taupe/The Mole (voiced in English by Dana Snyder)
- Alex Gagnol as Léo (voiced in English by Marcus D'Angelo)
- Noa Bernaoui-Savreux as Titi
- Patrick Ridremont as Le petit nerveux / Le casseur / L'exterminateur (voiced in English by Fred Armisen)
- Patrick Descamps as Le géant (voiced in English by Joey Camen)
- Yves Barbaut as Le commissaire
The film premiered at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival on September 12, 2015. The film was released in France on October 14, 2015, by Diaphana Films.