|Henry Danger character|
|First appearance||Henry Danger|
|Created by||Dan Schneider |
|Portrayed by||Cooper Barnes |
Colby Severance (young)
Kale Culley (young)
Owner of Junk N' Stuff
|Powers and Abilities||Invulnerability |
Master hand-to-hand combatant, martial artist, and marksman
Raymond "Ray" Manchester, also known as the superhero Captain Man, is a main character in Henry Danger. He is Swellview's savior and guardian of the city. He hired Henry Hart to be his sidekick, "Kid Danger", and they have been fighting crime together ever since.
He is portrayed by Cooper Barnes in his adult age, Colby Severance and Kale Culley in Back to the Danger: Part 2, both at age 8.
Raymond was born to scientist Carl Manchester and an unnamed mother. He was an ordinary human being just like everybody else, who lived in a town called Swellview. But that would all change in 1989, when one day, 8 year-old Ray, who was skateboarding in his father's laboratory during take your kid to work day, accidentally skated towards his father's indestructible machine, the Trans-Molecular Densitizer, pushing the lever in the process and gaining the power of indestructibility. Despite his extra years of childhood prior to the incident, he never went camping, rode roller coasters, or learned how to ride a bike (he was also pulled out of school by his father, possibly out of fear his newfound powers would harm those around him were he not careful).
His father saw the whole change and to test this theory, he scanned Ray with a detector to see if he really became indestructible. The results were positive and Carl whacked Ray with the detector in the head, with Ray only feeling pain for a second. With his son now indestructible and happy that he is okay, Carl told Ray he would grow up and do special things. Thus Captain Man was born and he would fight crime in the city of Swellview; another motivation for him to fight crime was when a street gang, known as the Wall Dogs, vandalized his playhouse when he was still a boy.
After more than a decade of crime-fighting as a superhero, Ray began to fall out of touch with his secret identity and in 2014, placed an ad calling for a sidekick (under the guise of a Junk N' Stuff. His intention was to train the sidekick well enough to make him a potential successor when he retires. The glimmer of hope would arrive in the form of Henry Hart, a 13-year-old boy from the Swellview area. After a quick, brief interview, Ray would chew on a gumball and blow a bubble in Henry's presence, revealing himself as Captain Man. To prove if Henry was the sidekick he needs, he set up a physical test just for him while he faked an injury.
Ray/Captain Man has brown hair, blue eyes, and a strong build. He is immature, yet sarcastic, witty, and funny. He has a fun spirit, a big ego and likes to be romantic. As shown on several occasions, he hates to lose and wants things to go his way. When not in uniform, Ray wears casual clothing such as long sleeved shirts or short sleeved, jeans, and sneakers. His hair is normal in his civilian form.
As Captain Man, he wears a blue and red suit with yellow lining and a symbol on his chest resembling a hurricane, tilted. On his face he wears a blue mask with a yellow line on the top. He wears a black utility belt with his symbol on the buckle. He wears black and red boots and red gloves with black fingers and knuckles and yellow lining. His hair is groomed to the right side.
Powers and abilities
- Indestructibility: Having received the power at a young age, he is invulnerable to all sorts of harm, including hits to the head, being shot by a laser, and being blown up by a grenade launcher. However, he does not have invincibility to pain or hyper-gamma light.
- Super Strength: He can take down criminals with his fists and feet. He has also shown other signs of super strength, most notably when Phoebe Thunderman froze him solid only for him to break free a few seconds later.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant: Ray has shown to have skill in hand-to-hand combat as he has been able to hold his own in multiple fights and has been able to do moves such as suplexes. He can fight many enemies at the same time.
- Natural Space Oxygen: Able to breathe in space without the use of an astronaut suit and oxygen tank thanks to his indestructibility.
- Inability to get sick: Due to Ray being struck by the densitizer and becoming indestructible, Ray has been unable to get sick since the age of 8, up until the events of Green Fingers, where he was somehow affected by the disease Schwoz invented.
- Piloting: Ray has been shown to possess pilot skills, as he's able to fly the Man-copter.
- Marksmanship: Ray can shoot with his laser with precision like Henry.
Captain Man carries an assortment of gadgets with him to aid in battle. Aside from his combat, he can use these gadgets at his discretion to disarm or wound criminals, such as his laser which has the option of stunning or killing the individual.
To navigate the large, vast areas of Swellview, vehicles are necessary to get to the scene of the crime when the opportunity calls for it. Especially when braun seems out of the question, these machines of transportation prove to be an important asset for Captain Man to keep the city safe from crime.