|Birth name||Evgeny Aleksandrovitch Taran|
|Born||September 27, 1966 |
|Genres||Electronica, Nu jazz, Post-rock|
|Associated acts||Sugar White Death |
Taran (born Evgeny Aleksandrovitch Taran, September 27, 1966) is a Ukrainian-born guitarist.
He is noted as the first Ukrainian underground musician to have an official record release in the West (Mod and Mini and Space Age was released on German nu-jazz label Compost Records in 1996).
Taran is also a founding member of the influential Ukrainian chamber-rock band Sugar White Death as well as a guitarist and co-arranger of the Ukrainian experimental rock formations Sheik Hi-Fi and Gorod-Sputnik.
Taran’s most recent project Marmor&Stein further represents his signature composer technique – Barney Kessel-style guitar fused with modern electronica, gloomy 60th soundtrack mood and perpetual cyclic structures reminiscent of classical minimalism.Taran lives and works in Munich, Germany.
- 1996 Mod And Mini And Space Age
- 1996 Compost Records Compilation Vol. 1 - Lytic Cocktail
- 1996 The Future Sound Of Jazz Vol. 3
- 1997 After Hours Volume Three
- 1997 Earthrise.Shadow.3
- 1997 MDM 27 - A New Urban Sounds Fusion (Part 2)
- 1997 Plug In & Turn On x.4
- 1997 Sounds Like Triphop Volume 1
- 1997 The Next Step
- 1998 Compost 050
- 1998 Musikexpress 13 - Compost Records
- 1999 After Hours: Miles Away
- 1999 Café Ibiza Vol. 2
- 2000 Chill Out Sofabeat Vol. 1
- 2000 Music Is Life - A Chillin' Experience
- 2000 Ladomat 100 (as Grom with Michelle Grinser)
- 2001 Chillout Dreams 2: The Real Ibiza Grooves
- 2001 Coffee Shop - The Chillin Sessions 2
- 2005 Andy Warhol By Cultura