|Twist Of Fate|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Written by||Story |
|Directed by||Sameer Kulkarni |
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen |
|Opening theme||"Kumkum Kumkum Bhagya"|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor |
|Running time||40- 45 minutes maximum|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Zee World (previously Zee TV)|
|Original release||5 September 2016|
|Preceded by Sacred Ties |
Followed by Hello Pratibha
Twist Of Fate (Original title : Kumkum Bhagya) is an English-language (dubbed from Hindi) soap opera which premiered on 5 September 2016 and ended on 20 September 2017 and returned on 2 September 2018 for season 2 and was broadcast 7 days a week at 20:00. The first season was broadcast weekdays at 8pm on Zee World. The show is loosely based on the novel Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.
Twist Of Fate follows the love story of a famous musician Abhi who married Pragya, initially thought to be the love interest of the person who was the crush of Abhi's sister, but ends up knowing the truth and falls in love with her. The pivotal characters of this show are strong, feisty women, living together in an all-female matriarchal family. The series is produced by Ekta Kapoor under the banner Balaji Telefilms. The show is directed by Sameer Kulkarni and developed by Ekta Kapoor.
The series started as the story of Pragya and Bulbul and their mother Sarla's hope to see them married, but as time went by, the show is about Abhi and Pragya.
The story is about sisters Pragya and Bulbul,both dream of a good married life but in there journey they face many difficulties. Sarla Arora, who runs a marriage hall, lived with the hope of seeing her two daughters happily married. Pragya, the elder daughter, is practical, hard working and teaches at a college. Bulbul, the younger daughter, has her head in the clouds, has a job but hates her boss Purab. The show follows the lives of the two sisters and their hopes, dreams and aspirations. Initially, the series followed a love triangle between Pragya, Bulbul and Suresh, where Pragya loved Suresh, who had feelings for Bulbul, leading to Pragya and Suresh's engagement getting cancelled. Simultaneously, Abhishek (Abhi) is a rock star who was in a relationship with a supermodel called Tanushree (Tanu) and Purab happened to be Abhi's best friend, who was engaged to his sister Aliya. Purab and Bulbul initially had hatred feelings for each other, but the story took a turn when the two fell in love. Aliya misunderstood his affair with Bulbul thinking that he loved Pragya. As a result, Aliya, Tanu together with Abhi planned to get Abhi married to Pragya out of revenge. After the marriage, Pragya got to know the whole situation and for her sister's protection, lied to Abhi that she indeed was in a relationship with Purab and eventually asked Bulbul to forget Purab, which Bulbul agreed to.
Purab agreed to get married to Aliya as he got to know the whole situation as well, but was unable to forget Bulbul. He escaped on his marriage day with Aliya to marry Bulbul where she revealed to Abhi that she was the girl Purab loved, in order to save her sister from misery. A complicated relation started in everyone's life. Aliya and Tanu planned conspiracies against Pragya but their plans failed and brought her more close to Abhi, leading them to develop feelings for one another. Abhi got to know Aliya and Tanu's true intentions, slapped Aliya for her wrongdoings, lead by her developing a grudge for her brother, he eventually improved his relation with Purab and Bulbul. Tanu on the other hand, accidentally got pregnant after a one-night stand with a man called Nikhil. She faked her DNA reports and declared that Abhi was the father in order to get him back, leading to Abhi and Pragya's separation. Tanu was supported by Nikhil himself who wanted Abhi's wealth, Aliya who wanted exact revenge against him and Abhi's cousin brother Raj, who blamed Abhi for his misfortune. Pragya overheard Aliya and Tanu's conversation but before telling Abhi, suffered an accident and was declared dead.
After one month, Pragya returned with a bold and arrogant appearance, having a new motive of revealing her enemies and getting Abhi back. In the same arc, Bulbul and Purab got married where a sequence of love and jealousy started between Bulbul, Purab and Aliya. Furthermore, to save her sister from Aliya, Bulbul risked her life and died. An infuriated Pragya finally revealed the truth about Aliya, who was then banished from the family. Raj, whose misunderstanding about Abhi was cleared by Pragya, turned positive and complicated his relationship with his wife Mitali for actually being responsible for his problems. Pragya finally discovered Tanu and Nikhil's relation, decided to expose Tanu, but however failed to do so, but on the other Tanu got a miscarriage in an accident and blamed Pragya. Facing Abhi's anger, Pragya still proved herself right and finally revealed the truth about Tanu, having gained back his trust. The two proposed to each other in Abhi's mansion in Lonavla, after which Abhi lost his memory in a car accident meant for Pragya, getting amnesia and forgetting two-and-a-half years of his life, including Pragya. For his protection, Pragya decided to leave him, however did not divorce him.
- Sriti Jha as Pragya Abhishek Mehra (née Arora), Bulbul's sister, Abhishek's wife (S1)
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Abhishek (Abhi) Prem Mehra, Aliya's brother, Pragya's husband (S1)
- Arjit Taneja as Purab Khanna, Abhishek's Friend(replaced by Vin Rana later)
- Madhurima Tuli/Leena Jumani as Tanushree (Tanu) Mehta, Nikhil's girlfriend (S1)
- Shikha Singh as Aliya Mehra, Abhishek's sister (S1)
- Daljeet Soundh as Daljeet Mehra "Dadi", Abhishek's Grandmother (S1)
- Supriya Shukla as Sarla Arora, Pragya's mother (S1)
- Madhu Raja as Daljeet Arora (S1)
- Zareena Roshan Khan as Indu Suri or Daasi (S1)
- Ajay Trehan as Ajay Mehra "Tauji", Abhishek's Uncle, Pammi's husband, Raj's father (S1)
- Shivani Soopuri as Pammi Ajay Mehra "Taiji", Abhishek's aunt, Ajay's wife, Raj's mother (S1)
- Anurag Sharma as Raj Ajay Mehra, Abhishek's Cousin Brother, Mitali's husband, Ajay-Pammi's son (S1)
- Swati Anand as Mitali Raj Mehra, Raj's wife, Ajay-Pammi's Bahu (S1)
- Bobby Khanna as Mr. Mehta, Tanu's father (S1)
- Roma Lavani as Mrs. Mehta, Tanu's mother (S1)
- Mrunal Thakur as Bulbul Purab Khanna (Former Main Female Protagonist) (Dead) (S1)
- Madhurima Tuli as Tanushree (Tanu) Dasgupta (Later the role is played by Leena Jumani) (S1)
- Charu Mehra as Purvi (S1)
- Amit Dhawan as Former Raj Ajay Mehra (Replaced by Anurag Sharma) (S1)
- Samiksha Bhatnagar as Former Mitali Raj Mehra (Replaced by Swati Anand) (S1)
- Aditi Rathore as Rachna Aakash Mehra (S1)
- Faisal Rashid as Suresh Srivastav (S1)
- Neha Bam as Mrs. Khanna (S1)
- Neel Motwani as Corporator Neel Thakur (2014–15)
- Nikhil Arya as Nikhil Sood (Replaced by Rujut Dahiya) (2015–16)
- Shubham Garg as Raj (2015)
- Gagan as Champak Trivedi (2016)